Tuesday 17 April 2012

Beauty Tutorial: Pink And Gold Nails Perfect For Spring/Summer

Pastel coloured nails dominated the spring 2012 runways. Armani, Marc Jacobs and Chanel sent their models out sporting nails dipped in creamy beiges, soft lemons and rose pinks. I've recreated this feminine look but by putting my own spin on it - adding a sparkly gold making it a little less demure. I've used Essence nail polishes which I love. Their wearability is just as good as other budget brands such as 17 and Rimmel  and at just €1.29 a pop you can throw two or three into your shopping basket without feeling too guilty.

Left to right: Essence Nude Glam in 04 Iced Latte, Essence Colour & Go in 50 Irreplaceable, Essence Gel-Look Topcoat

I started by putting on a base coat, currently I'm using Sally Hansen Diamond Shine Base & Top Coat. Then I applied two thin coats of the nude polish letting it dry completely between coats. This helps prevent chipping. Next I applied the gold polish; using small vertical strokes I covered just the tips of the nails. After this dried I applied the gel-look topcoat. This gives a really glossy shine, much better than the Sally Hansen.

No comments:

Post a Comment