Wednesday 18 July 2012

U Magazine Stylist Competition: I'm A Finalist!

‘Do you adore fashion? Would you love to make a career out of it?’ These are the questions U magazine posed last month when they launched their competition to find Ireland’s next great stylist. My answer? Hell yes! I quickly went about completing the first task which involved styling two trends (there were six trends listed) and submitting the shots. I chose pastels and all white as my trends and my leggy sister Aoife kindly took on the role of model extraordinaire. I almost died when I found out I had made it into the final ten. No, literally. I was on the bus happily chomping away on a bar of Dairy Milk Whole Nut and reading the latest issue of U when I suddenly saw my name staring up at me. Thankfully the woman beside me didn’t have to perform the Heimlich manoeuvre but it was a close call!


We were set our next task which had to be submitted last week. It was challenging as the trend we had to style can be a difficult one to wear. I’m sure all will be revealed in U soon! From this, ten will be whittled down to six and I wish all the girls the best of luck. I’m definitely facing some stiff competition.


And the prize?! Mentoring by top stylist Courtney Smith and a shoot with renowned photographer Daniel Holfeld which will appear in U. A truly amazing opportunity. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. That's fantastic news - well done Eimear! Best of luck xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a mill Emma. Keep your fingers & toes crossed for me! x

    ReplyDelete