Thursday 13 February 2014

Ginger And Chocolate Valentine’s Day Cookies


Sweets for my sweet, sugar for my honey
 Your perfect kiss thrills me so
 Sweets for my sweet, sugar for my honey
 I'll never ever let you go
  

This recipe is from Rachel Allen’s book ‘Bake’. It makes approximately 35 cookies. Once I had the dough made, I only used half. I popped the other half in the fridge where it will keep for up to 2 weeks.

You will need: A heart shaped cutter, a food mixer (or muscular arms!), a rolling pin and a baking tray or two.

Ingredients: 225g (8oz) butter, 110g (4oz) caster sugar, 275g (10oz) plain flour, 25g (1oz) crystallised ginger, 50g (2oz) milk or dark chocolate.

1.       Take the butter out of the fridge in advance, it must be slightly softened. Preheat the oven to 170°C or Gas Mark 3.

2.       Beat the butter in a large bowl or food mixer until soft. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is soft and fluffy.

3.       Finely chop the crystallised ginger. Add to the mixture along with the sieved flour.

4.       Bring the mixture together to form a dough. Place on a lightly floured work surface and knead slightly.

5.       Roll out the dough and using the cutter, cut out the cookies. Place on a baking tray (no need to grease or line) slightly apart.

6.       Bake in the oven for 10-13 minutes or until they are medium brown. If the cookies are too dark, they'll taste bitter.

7.       Remove the cookies from the baking tray while they’re still warm and allow to cool on a wire rack.

8.       When the cookies are cooled, dip the tops (or the bottoms!) in melted chocolate, then allow to set on greaseproof paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment