Friday 11 April 2014

Spring Style: Wedding Bells Are A-Ringing


This is what I wore to my sister Gráinne’s wedding last week. I had quite a hard time finding a dress mainly because I left it until the last minute (when will I ever learn?!) and the fact that the high street was so disappointing. Initially, I had my heart set on a Hell Bunny 1950s reproduction dress but by the time I discovered the brand’s sizes are large fitting, I had no time for alterations. Hitting the high street, I expected to be greeted with row upon row of frothy, feminine dresses in sweet spring shades. Yes, the shops are overflowing with pastels but everything is strangely casual. Unable to find something even remotely suitable for a wedding, I turned to my old reliable - Asos.
 
Once I saw this dress I knew I could create a 1940s look around it. It may appear very simple but it comes to life when you start to move in it; the waterfall skirt, scoop back and kick split do all the talking! I was also glad to give pastels the old heave-ho in favour of my most loved colour combination – navy, red and white. I picked up the pretty vintage pieces at A Vintage Affair Mullingar last month.

 
Dress – Asos (available online now)
Belt – New Look

Shoes – Penneys/Primark (available in store now)
Bag – Vintage

Headpiece – Asos (available online now)
Gloves - Vintage

 

 

 

4 comments: