Thursday 23 April 2015

The Wardrobe Shake-Up #2



I’ve been making a mammoth effort to save money lately. Apart from a pair of knee high boots I thrifted for €8 and a reworked top from Nine Crows, I haven’t bought new clothes or shoes since January. This has required iron will and rigid self-discipline. Don’t get me wrong; I haven’t denied myself lipstick or mascara, life is hard enough without the occasional treat, but they’re always from budget brands. A wardrobe shake-up, I featured my first one here, was needed to keep me on the straight and narrow. This involves sorting through all your clothes and removing anything you don’t love. Drop the unloved items to your local charity shop and put the cherished pieces back in your wardrobe - but not in the same place. Yes, shuffle them around! You’ll be amazed at how many new outfits you’ll create by doing this. I unearthed this four year old shirt and paired it with this skirt, one of my last purchases in January, for a 1960s style dolly bird look.



Shirt – Asos
Skirt – Missguided
Cardigan – Schatze Vintage (formerly Shotsy)
Shoes – Asos
Bag – A gift from a friend  


No comments:

Post a Comment