Thursday 16 April 2015

Thrifty Treat Of The Week: MooGoo 100% Certified Organic Rosehip Oil


Rosehip oil has become a cult beauty product. Rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants, it hydrates dry and ageing skin, while also improving the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Acclaimed skincare brand Trilogy is synonymous with rosehip oil; a 20ml bottle will set you back €19.99. However, I’ve found a much cheaper alternative that blows Trilogy out of the water.

MooGoo is an Australian company that make a range of natural products for sensitive and intolerant skin. Most rosehip oils come in a glass dropper bottle, but MooGoo’s is sealed in an airless pump bottle to prevent oxidation. This occurs when oil is exposed to air and sunlight which causes the oil to lose its effectiveness. The pump also dispenses the perfect amount of product without any mess. While I love the packaging, it’s what’s inside that counts. The oil is a beautiful amber colour that absorbs quickly. I’ve been using it a few times a week at night instead of my night cream and eye cream, and I’ve noticed a huge difference in the texture of my skin. Dry patches are reduced and my skin appears plumper. I wasn’t expecting much from this €10.50 oil but it’s really dazzled me.

MooGoo is stocked in pharmacies and health food stores across Ireland. To find your nearest stockist click here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is great to know Eimear, just find out it's stocked in my local pharmacy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half the price of Trilogy and the Trilogy is in a glass bottle :O glad I read this, was about to splash out on Trilogy! :P

    ReplyDelete